PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2007, 00:32
duwde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Veja magazine put all the guilty on the pilots, probably based only on the airbus recommendations as no official information has been released yet. I would bet that someone on Veja is reading this thread, as they also also say something about the 2 accidents on Taipei and Philipines.

Very sad that the pilots are being public accused of being guilty without any official information. I personnalite believe that it's possible that the pilots made a mistake, but to state that as a truth is a very different thing without proof.

I would like to ask, as an non-pilot, after touchdown someone told here that there will be alarms "retard... retard...", but even if they didn't listen to the alarms they would clearly see that the aircraft wasn't braking as expected. Supposing that one of the T/L wasn't in the IDLE position, wouldn't the manual break work ? even in this case ?

They could have forgot to put the T/L on idle, ok. But they SURELY would try to stop the aircraft with manual brakes and deploy spoilers manually, wouldn't that at least slow the aicraft ?

It's unthinkable to me that they would just sit and wait for the worst, even after a mistake they would surely trying something, and that something may not be able to stop in aicraft but surely it would slow it down a bit more, wouldn't it ?? ... Remember, I'm a non-pilot...