PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2007, 11:51
nclairportfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is certainly a shame that EZY are reducing movements and routes for the winter but like someone else said there are still some gaps in the schedules so we might see some later announcements (or not as the case maybe).

LS seems to be doing OK on their routes out of NCL although I'm sure they're disappointed with LGW. BA had an awful lot of connecting traffic on that flight which LS don't have so there has been a significant drop in passenger numbers. I'd like to see a few new routes from LS, particularly if EZY are starting to stagnate.

BE promised the earth and nothing has so far come of it but they probably have the right size aircraft to serve some destinations all week, as opposed to EZY/LS/FR etc.

I still think there is potential for new routes from NCL from traditional and loco airlines, even in Europe.....MAD, FRA, SXF, VCE, WAW, NQY to name but a few.

However, we may be seeing a period of consolidation from them all at NCL. Like someone else said, supply has outstripped demand on some routes and we'll simply have to wait for demand to catch up!