PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates
Thread: Emirates
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2007, 18:51
reDevil05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emirates flying to Luxembourg

According to the local Luxembourg newspaper "Wort", Emirates will start flying to Luxembourg by the end of this year with a passenger service.
In the past EK used to have a cargo route to ELLX (LUX) but have since then stopped flying to Luxembourg.

From what i've heard they will be setting up a hub that is primarily fed by Luxair, EK will use Luxembourg as a stop for their new Dubai - Canada route. Apparently having trouble with FRA and CDG for future expansion plans that are mostly due to their 45 orders of A380's.

With the new terminal at Luxembourg airport almost finished this would indeed make sense for both EK and LG.

Also, last week i visited the emirates.com page and Luxembourg was indeed on their route map but has been removed since then.

Does anyone know more ?

Original newspaper article in german can be found here: http://www.wort.lu/articles/5957245.html

PS: would be nice to see Emirates flying to Luxembourg.. especially since i fly to Dubai often. But on the other hand it wouldn t surprise me if all this was just a publicity stunt. Wouldn t be the first time for EK to make the headlines for free.