PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS ACS Camera Policy.
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2007, 01:36
Torqueman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry You have got to be frigging joking

What a friggin balls up Qantas has become. Let's not encourage the capture of lapses or shortcomings of maintenance and learn and improve from it. Let's instead bury it under some bull**** paperwork.

This is by far the most obvious case of David Cox being so embarrassed by the photos put in front of him during that interview with channel seven's Today Tonight.

A typical knee jerk reaction from maintenance management. How stupid do they think the media are. Everyone knows a picture tells a thousand words. Let's not do something about the half arse maintenance that we saw in the pictures Mr. Cox. Let's instead try to prevent any further embarrasing evidence from coming to the light of day.

People's safety is and should be encouraged to be a transparent issue. This policy is anything but that.

I hope engineers continue to take photos of what they consider appropriate regardless of what their manager thinks. I think more than ever now they will need to support their decisions by hard evidence when confronted by the Qantas paper pushers. Words can be twisted, interpreted and manipulated, a photo continues to tell it's own story.

I think Qantas is right on the money to change their logo.

They don't deserve the Kangaroo though....
they should have an Emu with it's head buried in the sand....

Pretty much sums them up as an airline don't you think?