PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2007, 11:21
crewboi83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ash
As someone who writes on this forum you should maybe understand that your baggage issue is not fully down to Jet2.
Are you aware that NCL airport was declared as a state of emergency yesterday morning and all airport bosses were called in? I think you may not. The reason..... yup you guessed it, baggage belt system, too many flights and no decent facilities to cope with it - whole airport ground to a halt, easyjet flgihts departing with half loads as their pax are still waiting to check bags in!!!
The staffing levels at Swissport, servisair and the airport have always been poor. 30 mins for steps is nothing, you normally have to wait that long for busses, or in the long Q for immigration.
One 757 was out of service yesterday, it was the only you came back from Malaga on I belive, It had to wait for a part to be flown up, it never went to PMI or anywhere else... why would Jet2 send an aircraft to Palma for repairs?
Although passengers dont think so... €5 is within the comensation guidelines that all airlines stick too.
I have noticed one thing with Jet2 that you wouldnt get with easyjet... ryanair or even BA. If there is a problem the flight always operates, yes ok it was delayed, but at least you were not the poor MJV passengers who were 8 hours late yesterday. If this was easyjet, there "2yr old aircraft" would have been cancelled... and you would have had to wait till next availibility. If it was ryanair you'd be dumped in the middle of nowhere! So i think Jet2 at least favours its passengers and operates the flight... even mega delayed, but at least they got you home. i think some people forget that when they are sat moaning. - alot of what people say when they are angry isnt always what they do.... just wait till next year when they are after cheap flights... we'll see who they travel with then