PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2007, 19:20
snxlou101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
advice

Hi ratty8587,
Yes I am Lgw, there is a lot of people who advertise rooms from £15.00 a night so this might be worth baring in mind.
I know people who are full time who commute from Man, Gla and even Italy, no it's not ideal but you can make it work.
We have a lot of fix links at Lgw therefore because of this I have lost two night stops in 3 and half years. (fix links are when you stay with the same aircraft and pilots).
If you are looking to commute there is means and ways, one thing to do is get on the good side of scheduling Ie when you have standby's call them and ask for trips I always do this and have had a lot of trips out of doing so.
Also the roster swop's some people may want there and backs to be at home with kiddies or other reason's.
Yes you may get a week of shorthaul but my advice is really take notice of what they tell you in training about the bidding and also ask fellow crew member's to explain as much as they can as your bidding determines your lifestyle get it right and your laughing.
As for less trips than Crew, At the moment a lot of purser's are been called for long haul trips as Purser as they are short of main crew yes this will not always be the case but to be honest we have so many more trips now that there is a fair share for everybody and like I said your seniority goes up very quickly. For example there was a training course that started in June and already there is three more courses planned between July and September so already within a few months there seniority will go up.
Anymore questions please let me know..