PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CC Career Progression into QF Short Haul - News?
Old 8th Jul 2007, 13:03
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RegionalGuy -

First I agree entirely with your last post. However...

I must have missed your third-to-last post. You are quite a rude little man, aren't you? Really.

Your Jetstar EBA did not (nor does any other EBA) contain career progression
It is actually an EBA item.

Clause 19 of the SH EBA refers to casuals employed directly by QF not MAM casuals
Where does it say that? Seeing as there was no casuals employed by the company when that clause was written, what was the point of the clause?

The law does prohibit a union even trying to control or cap a casualised workforce
Why then was such a clause written into an EBA?

and finally get a life, your self sacrificing rant is pathetic.
Mate, that is way out of line. I feel that the situation with the transfers is not right. I am stating an opinion and opposing a situation that I feel is unfair. Since when is that unacceptable? You really are a nasty person. I couldn't be more offended. Who are you to say such things?

Oh I almost forgot, the AO crew aren't initial trainees as far as the EBA goes
Says who? What is the definition of an initial trainee? If AO crew can take a SYD/MEL slot over someone who has been employed by the Qantas Group for much longer and who is on an existing transfer list - then why can't the 20 MAM people stay in SYD/MEL instead of having to move to Perth? Why were the people still in Perth from the previous progression immediately transferred when the some 2004 career progresison people were given SYD? Why were the SYD/MEL slots offered to AO crew over the new career progression people?

My point is... Why wouldn't the company allow people on an existing transfer list to move first? Why shouldn't someone who has been on a transfer list for a year and a half (some people two) expect an East Coast slot over the new ex-AO crew? RegionalGuy, how would you feel if the situation involved you? I suspect you would be reacting a little differently.

Answer me this - do you think the situation is fair? Is there any reason those of us in Perth should not be upset?