PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CC Career Progression into QF Short Haul - News?
Old 8th Jul 2007, 03:18
regionalguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as the progression goes I think we would have had all liked more numbers from each airline and yes we do slog it out on a Dash8 in forty degree heat and all feel that we deserve better.

Having said that we all know that progression is just a carrot that is dangled with the slim hope that one day we will make it over to SH. MAM have just as much right to progress, although I don't think oldboiler was saying they didn't, just that the numbers could have been evened up a bit more.

Well I see it like this......... QF will make the decisions on how many they take in from EAA/SS/JQ and who they take from MAM. I know they hand pick the MAM's on merit selection, where we are on a first on the list gets to go. It does seem like the faaa are going to renegotiate the cp agreement and from reading the newsletter they sent, it sounds like they are happy QF "still" want to do that. We know its not in our EBA's, we know they can take it away if they want, we know but I think fail to appreciate it fully, that we are lucky to have it in the first place.

We've all got choices people, we know the state of play and if we don't like where we are and we're not prepared to wait for the potential to be moved, then we need to re-think those choices don't we ? Be happy for your colleagues that have been offered the opportunity and not just those in your airline, life is too short to be bitter about someone else's good fortune..

In the meantime cross your fingers and pray the union can negotiate something we will be prepared to wait around for.