PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CC Career Progression into QF Short Haul - News?
Old 4th Jul 2007, 06:58
regionalguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ditzyboy

Just a couple of points after talking to the FAAA.

1. Your Jetstar EBA did not (nor does any other EBA) contain career progression, just a committment to it by EAA/SS/JQ, the FAAA and QF it's an industrial contract between them. Splitting hairs I admit but a fact nonetheless.

2. Clause 19 of the SH EBA refers to casuals employed directly by QF not MAM casuals, they have their own EBA. Therefore no breach as you stated in your earlier post. Yes knowledge is power if you get it right.

3. The law does prohibit a union even trying to control or cap a casualised workforce and hefty fines are applied by WorkChoices.

4. I would have thought the word politely was enough for you to know that I wasn't have a go at you in the first place.

and finally get a life, your self sacrificing rant is pathetic. I didn't once suggest you should accept what ever is thrown at you because you came from JQ, I was suggesting that life for you must surely be better than where you came from.

Oh I almost forgot, the AO crew aren't initial trainees as far as the EBA goes. They will never be on an initial wage, they are not doing intitial training, but conversion training and to boot there are no base vacancies, so I guess the 1:1 was a good outcome not lawn fertilizer as you put it. Amazing what a call to the union can do for obtaining facts. You did ask to be told if you were missing something, no need to thank me, it's my pleasure.

And do I find your abilities threatening ?....... no I just find you amusing !!!!

Last edited by regionalguy; 4th Jul 2007 at 07:10.