PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New York airfields
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2007, 10:33
pumper_bob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go to Teeterborough and buy a sectional chart. Then just turn up at any one of the litterally hundreds of fields that are near to NY. I was over there with the wife and she wanted a hotel on the beach The chap in the services said the only beach hotel was at Madison CT> So off we whent. The nearest field to the hotel was Griswold, but we were told he would chase off any unwanted visitors with a shotgun So we whent to Chester Airport instead,(KSNC) and a chap called Bruce who does the air taxi work in a Cheyanne couldnt have been more helpfull. I flew out of there for two weeks and he said pay when your going home!!
I would be surprised if you had trouble at most fields in the states, they have such a different attitude to flying then you are probably used to.
A flight down the hudson to Verazano bridge via the Statue of Libertyy just has to be in your log book.
Safe flying PB.

Just found this link: http://www.airnav.com/airport/KSNC
Or just enter 06412 into the search bar on google earth and it will take you straight there!(well almost, its about 2 miles S.W of that actual point.

Last edited by pumper_bob; 28th Jun 2007 at 10:44.