PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 27th Jun 2007, 12:20
SocialFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin Recruitment

Hi Sylphie,
After the first cut on the day all the people who progress in the afternoon are taken into the room and required to complete a 20 minute test where you read various passages and use the information to answer multiple choice questions. It tests your skills in reading and comprehension and using information to answer questions. It's not difficult, fairly easy. I managed to complete the entire test and even go over it again, but there were some people who didn't finish it in time. I don't think it really matters if you don't complete it, it's more to see how much you get correct of what you do complete.
Following the short test you are then given time slots to attend the 1 on 1 in depth interview (mine lasted around 50 minutes) and then another time slot to complete the role play (around 10 minutes)
I finished up at 5.00pm on the day which was long considering I started at 7.30am. Expect to be sitting around waiting a lot. A word of advice people got very slack when sitting around waiting and were slouching, talking on mobiles complaining about waiting etc.... Remember you are ALWAYS being watched at all times so no matter how tiring it gets keep smiling, posture straight and focus. Cabin Crew spend a lot of time waiting around delays, standby, reserves etc... Its all part of the assessment... I suggest you get into the frame of mind from the start of day that YOU ARE CABIN CREW and start behaving like them. Think about when you go to the airport and you always stare at how they behave, you have to pretend the day of your interview is a flight ie.. the waiting area is the airport, and the assessment room is the cabin (that's what i did anyway).

Sylphie are you based in Melbourne or Brisbane???

Last edited by SocialFlyer; 27th Jun 2007 at 12:32.