PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2007, 14:09
FlyingTouch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Mates!

I'm proud to say I read the entire topic from its first page on! It took me so much time, but I think it was very informative and valuable. I think I will apply to CTC soon. Thank you to all who provided so much information to newbies like me

However, one question remains in my mind, as I'm not very clear where CTC (or airlines?) sponsors the course. Apparently, cadets should subscribe to a bond of £60.000 + NZD12000 for fundation course + £5000 per year as cost of living.

I appreciate the bond goes to the Airline when the cadet is employed, and I understand airlines pay £1000 back per month to the cadet as repayment of the bond, but when I look at EasyJet website about salaries, it seems cadets earn a lower salary than others (£26k vs £31k when frozen, then £32k vs £39k, probably as participation to training cost until the bond is paid back?).

Do I miss something or the £60.000 are actually the cost of a training which cadets must participate in? I would have entierly understood the sponsorship if airlines would not do any distinction between cadets and other pilots, but base a salary on seniority !

I don't know if my calculation is clear to anybody

Thanks for sharing your understanding of CTC's sponsorship!