PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2007, 10:41
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aaaaargh! He's not making another one is he? That's it, I'm calling him today! I'm in enough trouble at work as it is, I really don't need this right now

The clue is... I'm kinda blond... 'nuff said....

Ams - your ditching training is only the once in the lovely pool. I'm not too fond of water either, but I told the trainers and they were great. You don't have to jump in, just lower yourself into the water. Tell your fellow course mates as well, they'll keep an eye on you too. You have to swim unaided for a bit, then "rescue" each other (dragging the other for a bit), then tread water while you put the life jacket on. And finally, the graceful climb into the life raft. I had a slight problem as the frankly GORGEOUS pilots from NZ were doing their drills at the same time and wanted to impress them. We all fell into the raft flat on our faces, but it's a good laugh anyway. You all help each other, so it's a great bonding (bondage?) session.

With the slides, you'll get to go on each only once (I know, ). The 74,77,73 and A slides. The 74 is the best one, as it's really high, and you'll get a few butterflies in your stomach.

Good luck to all. Hope you have lots of fun.

Gg

PS. All boys and girls, please please please turn up to your training looking like a hostie already, ie no superspiky trendy hair, girls - hair up please. If you look like a hostie on day one, you might get a little gold star (in secret).