PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin UK - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2007, 19:34
I Just Want To Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin Salary

Hi there,

Salaries are all going to depend on how much you fly, but my last three months salaries have been £990, $970, $865 (this was low because I had leave for 5 days, so only had three trips that month.

This is made up of the following:

Base Salary: £848
Flight Pay: £18.20 per sector
Commission: £1 - £4 per sector

Then you are taxed and pay union fees. So if you work on a figure of £900 then you'l pretty much always come out on top. Now this is what goes into your bank account.

Allowances are fairly good, here are some examples:

USA 1 Night Trips £70 - £130
USA 2 Nights £110 - £130
Tokyo 2 Nights £130
Dubai 1 Night £105
Jamaica 2 Nights £140, 5 nights £330
Barbados 1 Nights £100

Anyway, so basically the allowances are quite good. If you don't go shopping, you will save about half of your allowances, if you keep your spending in check. The allowances are based on eating all your meals through room service. Obviously you will not do that. Breakfast in the hotel is usually £5 - £15. That is the only meal always eat. I usually eat out for the rest of my meals, or if i'm in the carribean, then I eat by the pool, which is usually £10 - £15. You should never have to touch your bank account for day to day expenses. Just save your cash and change it when you get back. Travelex changes money without commission for crew.

I have compared this to salaries with BA LGW, Charters and Easyjet. Virgin comes out almost the same. Easyjet is always going to be higher. The salary at Easyjet is about 30% higher, but the girls in orange work about 60% harder, so I still think Virgin is better off. Plus you have the amazing Staff Travel Benefits. 7 Free flights a year!!! Plus all the interline agreements.

You don't do this job for the money. I would still do this if the salary was half what it is. And I have a mortgage to pay....

Good luck to everyone, hope to see you out online soon.