PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM & Dom/Reg FAAA
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2007, 00:40
RedTBar
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedbirdhouse:I apologise if you thought my post inferred anything as far as the officials of the L/H union is concerned.
The point I was trying to make is that the airlines have no trouble attracting people under those conditions and if we are to survive I can't see much else the L/H can use as a bargaining chip.
It is basically a 'B' scale and since the actions of S/H and their cosy relationship do not seem to be over the company will want some kind of cost reduction to bring us into line with the domestics.
If you can think of any other card we have up our sleeve then by all means the L/H officials will use them but I think we have been painted into a corner.
Remember how many people were happy to be trained in the middle of the night to replace us and a lot of them are in AKL right now.
Hopefully a change of government will help as will a combined union but I honestly believe that there is too much ill feeling towards us in S/H.If we are to amalgamate then they will want us to have casuals in L/H for sure because they will not give them up.