PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM & Dom/Reg FAAA
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2007, 03:30
samford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, my two cents worth...

It is in all our interests for more casuals to employed on a permanent basis, as their conditions undermine our own - if for no other reason.

The S/H FAAA have their own agenda and do not appreciate hearing the concerns of its members. They screwed over L/H in a number of ways (reduced band payments, regional flying to name just two) and in turn, drove a massive wedge between the two divisions. Leaving all of us vulnerable (long and short haul).

It's not as simple to say casuals get $27+ DTA and the same rest times. Firstly, our MBT is pathetic anyway, but they get worked like dogs one month and get very little hours the next. If you "dig a little deeper" you will see major inconsistancies with their EBA, as well as their rostering.

Casuals were supposed to reduce our demand days significantly - well this certainly hasn't happened the way the company said it would.

Meanwhile we are being offered VR and additional leave slots and all the while S/H FAAA sit on their hands.

As far as the FAAA and MAM sharing an office, it is completely inappropriate. The reasons behind why they are sharing are irrelevant. I would be equally concerned if they were sharing an office with QANTAS, so why should MAM be any different. It may not have had any affects in previous EBA negs etc, but we will never know for sure either way, but the potential is enough to make the whole situation WRONG.

LL - can you clarify something for me please, in your EBA what is the requirement for horozontal crew rest?
If my memory serves me correctly, 12+hrs planned, 14+hrs Multi-sector and 17+hrs unplanned. Is that right?

And yes, the whole situation between QF, MAM and the S/H FAAA seems very cosy, cosy, cosy....