PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Captured Personnel Permitted to Tell Stories for Money
Old 9th Apr 2007, 13:58
Klingon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sick That G2 wasn't good enough to foresee such an event.
Sick That they were allowed to operate in an area without top cover.
Sick That once caught they behaved in a manner that cheapened the uniform they wore. What type of employment did they think they were taking up? The Marines would have undergone some form of RTI/CUC training so they should have anticipated the type of treatment they would receive.
Sick That the government once again allowed themselves to be outmanouvered and embarrassed diplomatically.
Sick That the First Sea Lord and the rest of the high and mighty are even considering giving permission for this bunch of lame arses to profit irrespective of the media pressures and eventual outcome of media leaks.
Sick That 35 years of pride in the traditional service ideology of keeping shtum has been wasted. We have all known for some time that keeping a secret isnt in the current handbook for politicians and civil servants but for the military to follow this road is sickening.
(If I had know this was going to happen I would have kicked that ba**ard marine who rough handled me during CSRO training a good one in the goolies.)
We weren't there and dont know what pressure they were put under but after this every serviceman need to rethink their ideas on how they are going to act under capture and the MOD need to rethink what it expects. The phrase " We all know what to expect!" ,or something similar, has just been made a lie.
Sick Of listening to those parents and relatives who are happy to brag about their little boy/girl who is/are in the services who then immediately become the distraught victim of the "unjust war" the second their little Timmy or Tina gets into hot water. Round of appluse for the majority of families who bear their grief stoically (and in private) for it is those who are being let down by this latest farce.