PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VS A340 pilot breathalysed at LHR: WRONGLY ACCUSED
Old 8th Apr 2007, 01:33
Nov71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This could make me unpopular but if the guy's breath smelled of 'alcohol' and the original allegation was not malicious, why is compensation due?
The Police provided results of follow up tests (blood alc) which were reported in the media within 9 days. Virgin may like to write to all Pax on the affected flight who witnessed the arrest, explaining the exoneration, as a PR exercise.

I would like to know if the guy was breathalysed in the a/c or just sniffed
Whether the breathalyser, if used, was calibrated to 9 or 32 mg
Why he was allowed to board the a/c and not detained in the Privacy of the crew room ie complaint should be imm referred to Co as well as Police

In an aside, media report the current Mr Universe was detained in US for drunken behaviour after a complaint from a member of the public. Although the Police quickly established he was a diabetic having a hypoglycaemic event, he was still arrested for taking an 'aggressive stance' when challenged.

I once witnessed a swearing, agressive female in hospital. I was appalled until the Dr explained she was a diabetic having a 'hypo'

Innocent until proven guilty, so wait for the facts