PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crystal Aero Group
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2007, 19:42
LimaRomeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAG

Paul,
First of all, I'm doing my Theory Exam and medical in Europe. So that way, I can concentrate on the flying when I'm in the US. CAG told me that - in this case - three weeks would be realistic but they obviously don't want to pinpoint an exact amout of hours. I'm counting on 45h to 50h.

I'll probably stay at their accomodation but would prefer the individual room (30 USD/night).

I've contacted a company (kind of an FBO) here in Belgium that has close ties with CAG. And I posted another message on airwork.nl for some advice on CAG. Everybody says the same: small school in a small town with a friendly and professional staff. Only possible negative thing could be the fact that it's a non-controlled airport. But like somebody said earlier on this site: radio communication is a part of your training so you WILL fly to towered places and get all the details. Gainesville is the closest controlled field. And why not fly to TAMPA for your Class B Training? Must be great fun to pilot your Cessna to the same airport where you landed as a passenger 2 weeks earlier!

Are you going to CAG as well?

LR