PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2007, 19:19
akindofmagic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTC Wings in NZ

CTC Wings NZ is a completely separate scheme to the CTC Wings Cadet and ATP schemes. As far as I know (and please do bear in mind that this is only what I've gleaned from being around the training centre) the scheme is set up in concert with a university in NZ, allowing you to get a student loan for the full amount of the training, up to and including a NZ CPL/IR.
Once this is obtained, those cadets who CTC want/ need will be asked if they want to stay with CTC as an instructor. If you choose to do so, CTC will, as I understand it, train you to category "C" instructor standard, and you will be issued the appropriate rating. You will then be employed as an instructor in the single engine team. There is not, as far as I am aware, any provision for graduates of the course to be placed with any airline. You are getting NZ, not JAA, licences and ratings.
I cannot comment with any authority on the jobs market in NZ; as it does not affect me I have not done the necessary research. However, from speaking to my primary and secondary instructor, and others, the general consensus is that to be considered for a job with a small turboprop operator (i.e. Eagle or Air Nelson) you need to have a considerable amount of twin time. I will not give a total required as I honestly don't know what it might be, but it is certainly in the hundreds. Most instructors seem to be expecting to work as an instructor for several years at least before moving to an airline job.
I hope this information is of some use.
akindofmagic
(pilotdude09- I have assumed for the purposes of this post that you are not eligible to live and work in the EU. If I've misunderstood, then there is plenty of information in this and the previous Wings Cadet thread on the UK Cadet scheme, and if you are eligible to live and work in the EU, please do read those threads.)