PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin UK - Crew Discussions
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2007, 20:37
snxlou101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like it or lump it???

Fournier Boy... we had this same debate between ba crew and groundstaff and to be honest why shouldn't crew get the pay rise they deserve like it has been said 2% is not even close to inflation. Now I don't know how the pay scales on the ground are at virgin compared to ba but I know ba groundstaff where paid alot more than crew(oh and i'm at lgw not the golden runaway) so therefore crew are probably paid alot less. I know Virgin crew and compared to the amount of work they do they don't get paid alot.
Oh and this whole attitude of well if you don't like it leave.....WHY??? what has happened with the fighting spirit of getting paid the amount people should... we are all in the same fragile airline industry regardless of what job we do..however the one's that seem to be in pocket are the managers.... i'm sure it's the same at Virgin..... and why haven't you got a union??? why don't you get out there and fight for one as opposed to sitting back and saying at least the crew have one.... form one your in your right to do so in the meantime I would suggest you try and support your colleagues as one day you might just need them to do the same for you!!!!!!!!!!!