PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2007, 21:23
Matt101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be honest it's all Galley FM - Whitehall could still withold landing rights in opposition to the EU if the USA don't open up their archaic systems. But I think it is getting more and more likely that we'll wave bye bye to IAH, DFW and ATL however I wouldn't be surprised to see some longhauls replace them. Shorthaul routes in exchange would still leave us overcrewed (in some ways good as I'd imagine it'd result in some SFG crew following the 3 flights to LHR).

However I can't see them sending s/h to us as the ones left are used quite heavily by transfering pax from mainline world wide.

I'd like to see, and think it is more likely, some longhaul holiday destinations coming down. Perhaps some nice beachy places please!

It's nto just wishful thinking I just think there is more to consider than slot spaces ie. crew compliments ramp space for more longhaul aircraft (esp when they are already ordering for current expansion) I dunno just my two penneth worth - sure somebody will tell me I'm talking twaddle!