PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE (Jerez) Grads - Who has got a Job?
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2007, 17:59
ask26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are essentially 3 categories of FTE recommendation: The first two are very similar

Full Recommendation - What this means is that the airlines with which FTE have contacts with, i.e. Thomsonfly, FlyBe, BA, BA Connect, GB - when they are looking to recruit low hours pilots then FTE will put forward the names of these students with a full profile to the airline. This will often guarantee you an interview. After that you're on your own.

Partial Recommendation - Everything except BA, or turboprops only

No Recommendation - What it says on the tin. I know of people who have come here on the advice of parents and they aren't even interested, others with too much money and aren't prepared to put the hard work in. But when you are out there you can generally tell who those students are.

Then there are a few other airlines (such as Jet 2, First Choice (as was), Thomas Cook) that the school doesn't have any influence or formal links with but if you apply to them and mention FTE then they do rate your training more highly and your odds are improved. The rest is up to you.

After graduation support is limited, most courses have to do all the applications themselves. And with regards to airline tagged students, with nearly 50% in FTE being tagged - they are at an advantage in the recommendation scheme, in that as long as you perform well enough then should the initial partner airline back out, you almost automatically get a full recommendation (not always but almost).

Last edited by ask26; 21st Mar 2007 at 01:50. Reason: Re-Phrased