PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aborted landings/Go-Arounds
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2007, 16:24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had three

An Aer Lingus 737 into Cork (southerly approach) in bad visibility where the pilot decided he was landing too far down the runway

An Aer Lingus A320 into Cork (northerly approach). This one was odd. On the first approach, the aircraft seemed to be making constant adjustments causing considerable nervousness among the passengers. The second approach couldn't have been smoother. There were no announcements and no obvious weather reasons.

A Ryanair 737 into Dublin. Again there were no announcements, but there were fairy severe winds at the time.

I also had one incident when I was expecting one where I didn't get it. On an A340 into Amsterdam, the aircraft seemed to be lining up to come down a bit shorty of the runway. We came down to around the height of a four storey building and I was saying to myself "Here comes a go-around". Sure enough, the engines fired up, but only enough for the aircraft to maintain height and then it was brought down successfully onto the runwaya few hundred metres further on.