PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A very good military read
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2007, 18:42
BEagle

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
From Wikipedia:

Many books were written about the Doolittle Raid after the war. "Doolittle's Tokyo Raiders", by C.V. Glines, tells the complete story of the raid, including the unique experiences of each B-25 crew. "Guests of the Kremlin", written by copilot Bob Emmens, describes his crew's adventures as internees in Russia after their landing in that country following the raid. "Four Came Home", also by C.V.Glines, tells the story of Nielsen, Hite, Barr, and DeShazer—the Raiders who were held in POW camps for over three years. "The First Heroes" by Craig Nelson, goes into great detail of the events leading up to the raid and the aftermath for all the pilots and their families

Regarding 'Red Star Rogue', no Westy, I haven't yet bought the book. That review (and I've only quoted part of it) does rather cast doubt on some of the alleged facts stated in the book though. Which is a great pity.

The Jennifer operation sounds very interesting; as you say, if the Glomar Explorer's claw was only designed to raise large items, whence cameth the ship's bell......??

Perhaps The Truth is Out There........??

If the airport bookshop have a copy, I'm going to buy it on Monday.