PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2007, 14:48
flyhiguy28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ex Navy

Hi there MFWF,

I just read your comment with interest - I too am an ex Naval Officer who applied for CTC but failed miserably at Satge 3!

I would be glad to offer any advice / assistance if you like.

Are you an ex aviator? I was chopped at 702 sadly and then left the mob.

You'll have loads of examples to give them on the application from when you did SMAC etc, so that will be fine.

Stage 2 was just like the aptitudes at OASC only about 10 times easier - no problem there then! I really had to brush up on my maths though, a waek point of mine.

Stage 3 I came a cropper. And this is where ex military people find it weird. It's all about team building / role play stuff but they don't want you to take charge of a situation. And they don't want you to be quiet either. It's all very fluffy - unfortunately the team I was with were quiet as a mouse and I ended up steering them through the excercise.

Phase 4 - well it's a sim check so you'll be fine!

Another ex Navy chap is out in NZ, he was chopped on 824 and is getting a bit frustrated with the whole course out there. He doesn't have a PPL so is having to go through all of the basics.

I've got a PPL and that's about it. I'm considering re-appplying to CTC (even though they said not to) but am also looking at other FTO's out there too.

Good luck and let me know how you get on!

Smudge