PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aborted landings/Go-Arounds
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2007, 13:56
shortm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been cabin crew for the past 9 years and have experienced several go-arounds in my time.

I would just like to comment on a couple of the things which have been posted :-

AdamC - Onur Air is not a UK airline and therefore you can not expect them to have excellent English. The airline I work for is a large UK airline, when we fly to foreign countries we do not always have language speakers from that country onboard. If this is something that concerns you you should book with a UK airline.

According to our ops manual, in a go-around situation the cabin crew will not make any announcements until the captain has. How could the cabin crew say that it was a go-around - they don't know ?

The person who made a comment about it only taking a few seconds to make a PA - have you seen what it's like in the flight deck when they are making a go-around ? They really will make a PA at the first possible time. They will be assessing a number of things, communicating with air traffic etc

Sorry it's a bit of a rant, however it really is something that is quite a frequent occurance and pax really shouldn't worry. Unfortunately though it is one of those occassions when the operation of the aircraft itself has to come before customer service expectations.