PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2007, 04:30
lovezzin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right Stuff?

Hey guys,

Before I post just wanna say that this thread is really informative and the guides you guys have given to the CTC process are priceless.

I have had my application form with CTC for around 1.5 years now:P I been really hesitant to submit it as one of the questions is:

''Do you hold a full UK driving License?''

If its not important, why would they ask? and besides in 99% sure you need one to potentially be an airline pilot (travelling from home to work etc). Well, i am about to start a 1 week intensive Pass course (at the cost of £750 cringe!).

I am 21 and i never got the chance to learn because i basically went straight from boarding school to University. During the dosser 1st year, i guess i should have done it.

Furthermore, I was just wondering what everyone else backgrounds are for getting through to Stage 2. cos from the nature of everyones posts, you all seem really intelligent, on the ball, and all nice chaps, so fo thos who dont get to phase 2, what must have been wrong? Im a little worried that i wont make is and an airline pilot (as wioth everyone else) is all i have ever wanted to be!

My Specs are as follows:

Male 21
BEng Aeronautical Engineering @ Loughborough Uni.
(finalist, due to graduate this summer)
A-Levels: Maths (A), Physics (A), DT (B)
AS-Level: geography (C)
GCSE: 8 (A-B), 1 (C - French - yuk)

obviously, qualifications dont make up for personality, but i was just wondering if i am on par with the rest of you?

My only empolyments were various barstaff @ bars/Clubs.