PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aborted landings/Go-Arounds
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2007, 23:54
MarlboroLite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going back some years, i was on an aborted landing at LHR on board a 747-400, Captain came over the speaker phone and blamed another aircraft for missing the exit turn on the runway. Nothing really exciting to be honest, but when that TO/GA button gets pressed (i assume) you certainly feel the power of 4 RB211's kick in!

Going back even further.... i was on 2 aborted take-offs onboard an Orion 737-200, i can't remember the reason given, nor did i care, because i was off on my happy holidays, and my mummy was holding my hand ( i was 6 years old at the time)

Also been on an aborted take-off onboard a Brittannia 737-200 out of Athens, again not really botherd, typical package holiday thing, 90 minutes on a ferry, then 3 hours on a coach, get to the airport, flights running 3hours late. get told by check-in that there aren't any seats left, take 40 minutes to find a rep, then by a miracle they suddenly find 3 seats... From what i can remember, the cabin crew were fantastic, both my parents were asleep, and a cc member, gave me 4 cans of schweppes lemonade and one of those plastic snap-fit models free of charge.