PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The J vs K Thread. Pacifists keep out.
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2007, 14:57
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B@gger! I'ver brought this back to the top again!

Tim

You'll find the 'delete thread' option, on Thread Tools sub-menu on the Mil Aircrew titles page - but it will only appear if you originally started the thread (which you obviously did).

I know you said you don't fancy deleting this thread because of its humour and I agree there is some good banter contained herein. Unfortunately, I think you'd agree that good banter is in the minority, whereas a lot of the thread is vitriolic, spiteful and illformed rubbish (from all sides) that, ultimately, does the fleet, the Service and yourself, no favours whatsoever.

I say this as I care deeply about the guys and girls still doing the business with few resources and top-level support (unsung as ever). This forum has a larger readership than many appreciate and it is regrettable that the coal-face of the Hercules fleet continues to show itself in such a poor light.
However, there is definitely a place for a Herc banter/rumour thread that mixes sensible discussion with earthy good-humour and banter. You are the perfect person to square the circle, so why not start a new thread and delete this one? Your call.......

God bless and fly safe

Flip