PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Baltic
Thread: Air Baltic
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2007, 23:27
flying eagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will like to give my comment to this as well!
I am working for airBaltic and have worked there for a year on the boeing.
airBaltic is a nice place to start your carreer and get some experience outside "the real world".
I have been very happy for getting the opportunity to really start my pilotcarreer here.
sallary is as already said 2100-3200 euroes per month after tax. at least on 737.
The salary has not been increased! but the company is looking into new contracts at the moment (maybe they have realized that the contracts we have now are not legal ). But it will probably take forever before anything happens. Most pilots are paid by a formula which includes greatcircle dist.
There are also many things which are not very good in AB. That is the reason why I think that pilots within the company should try to make things better. Because if we do not do it then nobody will. It is for sure that the company wount. Therefore I see no problem in pilots complaining about things as long as there are reasons for it. which I think there are very often!
I see nothing wrong in discusing things with the other pilots at "the irish pup" if you have been flying with a captain who should never had been a pilot and neverever a captain!
It is always very difficult to get the first job as a pilot. But when you have it and doors are opening then you should start expecting things from your company. Otherwise they will try to use you as much as possible and that goes endeed for AB. I have tried it many times so far
PS: could you please explain what you mean about "spoiled" FOs winglet80?
I really cant see it. If you are leaving your home country incl. family and work for a salary which you could have in your own country having some other job. then having a captain calling you an idiot because he does not know how to fly a full procedure approach and a company which basicly look the other way. I really cant see we are spoiled

I do not want to go into to many details on a public forum but people are of course welcome to send a PM.

Just my opinion

reagards