PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 4th Feb 2007, 14:55
donpizmeov

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
6. Flight time limitations: We used to have a limit of a 1000 hrs a year in my forme airline, we would only ever work 7-800 hours of course, so 900 hours is a luxury. And to be fair i have felt tired on occasion, but that was a one off occasion, sleep is great for that kind of thing.

I have stolen the quote above from a previous page of this thread. I have heard much the same kind of comment from a few new joiners. The fact that they never ever flew to the 1000hr limit and that they only flew 700 to 800hrs seems to have escaped them. It will be interesting to revisit these views after they have had a few years of 900hrs with min time off.

On another note, a neighbour has been given 23 days leave for the 2007/2008 leave year. He has no peak leave, and as all leave days are taken he can not bid for any more. He is bumping up against the 900hr limit.Today he was told that he can take forced leave in March. When he declined as leave then was no good to him, he was told to expect a month of SIM support.

Keep discovering

Don