PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 3rd Feb 2007, 14:46
atiuta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IXNAT

Allow me to comment on just one point to highlight the issue of credibiltiy. Both yourself and Crinklstein challenged the forum to name an airline that provides you with housing.

I don't have an issue with housing and am very satisfied with my accommodation, but I can't eat it or bank it. It's part of my package as an expatriate and I wouldn't be here if I didn't have the accommodation that I do and Emirates knows it. You can't wave the flag about how "wonderful" the housing is because it's a requirement when you are "guests" of another country. My last airline didn't provide housing (and I would have fell over if they did) but I could also buy, build and negotiate what I wanted, and had representation through various agencies over quality assurance. I didn't need anyones permission to sell or buy, neither did I have to pay the exorbitant fees charged here.

It is not a credible argument to present Emirates as a wonderful option because they provide housing and our previous employers didn't. It goes with the territory as an expat pilot!

Emirates does provide (in most cases) a good standard of expatriate accommodation where as others in the region do not. That's one of the reasons I don't work for the competition.

I could make a similar case out of a number of other subjects that have been raised here but I'm sure you get my drift.