PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 3rd Feb 2007, 00:02
atiuta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crinklstein & IXNAT

I have to admit that I admire your tenacity in stating your perspective. There is a lot of negativity in these forums and I agree that there are good aspects about Emirates that are worthy of your support, however....

I'll put it bluntly. In my opinion, your comments are immature in content and devoid of any credibility.

Just for the record, I'm settled in Dubai, like my job and not looking to move in the near future.

I'm not going to address your collective points individually because I don't need to. What I will say is this. I am an expatriate, employed for my skills and licence and expect to be compensated accordingly. What do I mean by that? Well...I'll put up with the two tiered system/driving/lack of any recourse if you pay me enough. Sounds mercenary, but that's the reality of it. Dubai is not our permanent home and never will be, we can accommodate the culture but we will never adopt it. Expatriates around the world make sacrifices in their choice of lifestyle but can collectively command better than average conditions to reflect their contracted status and personal circumstances.

I can only assume that you both orginate from conditions/quality of life that is less desirable to that found in Dubai. That's not to make a derogatory comparison, well done on improving your lot. But there are others in Dubai that see less of an advantage in being here anymore and have expressed their opinions accordingly.

Going back to my original opinion about your comments, if I have a problem with your credibility, then you really have reached the outer edges of the spectrum.

I finish on the comment about safety

It is a relatively safe country to live in.
My wife was almost run off the road not one week after the tragic accident that we all know about. No amount of compensation will ever replace lost family.