PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Army route checks the RAF
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2007, 09:24
Comp Charlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ratty1
According to the RAF Careers website Movements Controllers handle the loading and unloading of personnel and equipment, both on and off transport aircraft. A bit further down a mover has this to say "Now I’m dealing with the loading and unloading of aircraft, where I get to drive aircraft handling equipment and forklift trucks. I could be building baggage or freight pallets"
Its not much to ask you to get on with what you are paid to do is it?
I think you may have misinterpreted the quote here - this was aimed at Joe Bloggs being asked by Thomas Cook to collect complaints from the other passengers (like a PRO is asked to do), not the building of baggage pallets. Quite rightly this is a job the Movers do...

As for the Mover featured on the website (the lovely Katie) - she actually PVR'ed and got out the Mob about 5 years ago due to being disillusioned with the way things were going!!! You couldn't make it up - I wonder if she knows she may be responsible for selling the trade to people still!!

Can just add that the post made above from Wyler is spot on - at least someone on here "gets" it...

CC