PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet - Wannabees & Recruitment (merged)
Old 24th Jan 2007, 12:57
TheAnswer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys here I am!
First of all I´ve to say my assessment day has been a bit different from all others I´ve red here.
Starting at hotel palace Berlin was supposed to be at 08.30, I was there at 08.10 more or less.
When I step outside the lift I couldn´t believe what I was going to see.. a queue of maybe 140 people waiting to be checked.. I thought they couldn´t be there for EJ... but unfortunately they were.
I was facing an open day provided by EJ probably with announcements on locals newspapers as half Berlin was there to try!
Though I was pretty confident and aware of my capacities this fact got a bit on my nerves.. I started to consider 2 possibilities.. 1. they really need to hire...or... 2. they are simply going to hardly select.. during the day I realized they didn´t need to hire at all!!
Anyway.. we are split into 2 parts, more or less 70/70. First step the EJ staff introduce the figure of a cabin crew member by showing a video. Then the tests started.
Math test: You are given a blank paper, a pencil, a calculator and obviousy the test itself on which you find the on-board menu with prices and currency conversions.
I found the math test pretty easy but revising conversions before could be a precious suggestion as questions are like:
"A passenger buys 3 vodka, 2 pringles, peanuts, 2 muffins and 3 tonics. He gives you 50€ but he´d like to get back Danish KR" or variations such as Swiss FR or €. They provide you all what you need you definitely can´t miss it! And what´s more it´s all about multiple choice.

ENGLISH TEST: Well, here things are going to be not so easy as before, you have now a comprehensive text (I got one about a company which was goin to move..) I suggest you to red carefully and to understand all as you´ll face answers in a true/false style and they like to mislead and confuse you a bit

ABILITY TEST: ie Dialogue:
John:"My flight is scheduled at 7 o´clock in the morning"
Mary: "Pretty smart, I´ll be able to bring you to the airport"
Question: "At what time is J. supposed to leave"?
a- 7 AM
b- 11 AM
c- 7 PM
And other stuff like this.
Break 30 min more or less.
Back in the room. They say "the numbers we´re now going to call should please follow me into another room in order to make another
test... please take all your belongings and don´t leave anything in the room" ...try to guess why you´re advised to to take all your belonings.. hi h ih hi. Those people has been rejected. It´s incredible, we were 140 we remained more or less 60!
GROUP EX: Sinking Cruise/carrying items to a nearby island.
Split into 3-4-5 people groups and supposed to choose 10 items out of 30 list. Everyone has a special card in which is specifically told what you definitely MUST bring with but you´re not allowed to show to others. At each table seats 2 EJ staff.
It´s all about team working skills, stay calm and be confident.

30 min break
Invited again into the big room and again the game of the marked numbers... another 30 people rejected.
We remained 35 who are entitled to attend the last step: the interview.
Unfortunately I wasn´able to be interviewed because of a personal problem occurred, EJ staff is out of lines friendly and told me I deserve it and I´ve earned it by getting through the whole day therefore they´ll call me the next days and will invite me to attend it in UK.
That´s all friends, I had a pleasant day, I knew amazing and friendly people but please let me say a word about EJ staff they are more than FANTASTIC! Always friendly, smiling, providing help. I guess it was not easy to deal with such a big number of candidates but they have given more than their best. I was relaxed, confident and smart. That´s what they provided and that´s the figure they´re looking for
Hoping I´ll be called a.s.a.p. I virtually embrace you all and thank for all tips I was able to get from here.

See u soon Regards