PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius wannabees
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2007, 04:19
PilotVD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cadetship scheme not that far.

hey danythau,
great to hear from another self sponsored pilot. It seems that there r many like us out there. One would think that CPL holders will have a better chance in getting through the selection scheme but u r right in saying that "the rejection rate in the screening process for licences holders are far higher than for ab-initio candidates... ".
Airlines prefer someone gets trained by their structure/syllabus, just like the Air force for military would not even consider someone for pilot training if he/she has a flying experience beyond certain number of hours. they want u to be in their comfort zone and not yours!
i know it s**ks!!
mounting debts, don't even talk about it, for me it came to a point that I was unable to start my IR, did the silly mistake of doing an Aviation dregree for AUS$15,000/yr for 3 yrs!
Well i hope this time AirMtius will take more cadets with CPL already as I heard 4 out of the 13 ab initio cadets who went to 43 flying school recently returned home after failing a flying test( i'd assume) after the assessment at the completion of 18 hours flying training!
Pls correct me if i'm wrong, not too sure on the source.
also heard that the cadetship scheme is not too far!!
anyway Gud luck to everyone.
Cheers
VD