PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAT (Oxford) - the thread, reborn (Part XXVII)!
Old 18th Jan 2007, 23:47
tornadof3raf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of it is computer based stuff, handeye co-ordination, orientation. I seem to remember guiding a little triangle through a slalom course. If you've played flight sim or something on a playstation etc, you should have no problem. Each phase is marked out of seven. Multi tasking involves a sort of memory game, remembering autopilot inputs, heights and headings etc, while cancelling the appropriate warning which will appear in any corner of the screen. You've got to cancel by pushing the appropriate number on the keypad which corresponds to the position on the screen. The maths wasn't that difficult, basic multiplication and division. The thing is, if your stuck just go onto the next one. When i did it they got easier as i went along so don't spend years on a question, just leave it and go onto the next! The physics was more common sense than anything. e.g if a stone comes off a tyre at speed which direction will it fly off, and it gives you 3 options. Pretty sure it shouldnt have changed that much since i did it. Went to a seminar couple of months back to help out and i seem to remember it looked pretty similar then.

Don't want to say too much incase i mislead you, a lot of it is down to natural ability but if you've got a good situational awareness and an alright handeye co-ordination you should be fine! Good luck with it all, Its a great job!