PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 17th Jan 2007, 10:03
Kerosine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluebob

There's a huge amount of information that is available on this forum from past discussions.

These are some links you may find useful;

Aerofan

Cabair

CTC (ATP)

CTC (Wings)

EFT

Flight Training Europe (Jerez)

Naples

Ormand Beach Aviation

Oxford (OAT Part 2)

Stapleford

(courtesy of Scroggs)

I believe the sponsorship schemes are extremely difficult to get in to, so I wouldn't count on that.

In regard to the information from the schools, don't take their word for it. There are many people that have been taken in by the marketing literature, spent £60,000 on training after being told a job was gauranteed, and found themselves broke and unemployed.

As for his plans, I'm not sure how he's going to go about it, but there are many routes, so again, don't let Oxford or any other school tell you intergrated training is the only way to go!

I'm in a similar situation to him, although a little older, and coming on here is absolutely invaluable. It is a ballache but I would go through all the relevant threads from the beginning to see what everyone's said, or better still get your son to look. I've spent many hours of my days searching through here. If people spend days looking for a £300 TV , I think a few months on PPRuNe is warranted before spending £60,000.

By the way, his A-levels stand him in very good stead.

Good Luck

Dave