PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2007, 07:56
dynamicd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ruma
It is no news that the Federal Government of Nigeria airwing now have their own helicopter-AB139 in its fleet . Needless to say that the two helicopters in her fleet from NNPC being flown and maintained by Paan/Aero will be withdrawn to patrol the pipelines all over the country. The 139 is for the airforce and flown by them too . I saw the white coloured AB139 at the presidential wing during the holiday and what came to my mind was the 'Osubi' incident with the Mill-35 on her ferry flight en-route Port Harcourt from Lagos. On another occassion a crew was swopping seat in a Super Puma with rotors running! The rest is history and i hope it will not repeat itself-this time with 001 on board! Looking at the background and flying experience of the crew. We have many of them-airforce- in the general aviation and their capabillities when it comes to instrument environment! I hope the aviation adviser to Mr. President is reading this forum too.Now after two sorties with the President, the AB139 is grounded! Is it 'Tokunbo'? before my next coment. Who knows the outcome of these crews training in Italy? I heard them flying in and out of 'Aso-Rock' on night training the last time.
Heard their performance was dismal and the navy might be called to operate the AB139.