PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Threads closing suspiciously 2?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2007, 20:21
SRENNAPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, what a thread.
I joined Prune back in 98 or 99 (last days of Bruggen) when a Station Exec told me about a scandal that was going on, over an incident on the Sqn near the golf course.
I fell in love with Prune immediately, reading about so many aspects of aviation “IN ALL FORUMS”
Serious, humorous and emotional (I openly admit that I have cried several times).
I have posted several times on the Mil forum (mainly on a Friday night after a few beers). I have even started a couple of threads, which did wind a few people up, but hey, it was good fun and excellent discussion.
But over the last 12 months I have seen the military aircrew site go downhill rapidly.
I am suggesting that the number of whinging/argumentative threads have become a joke.
Certain people here just seem hell bent on slagging somebody or something off.
It just seems that this forum is no longer a place to discuss a matter, whether it be aviation or military matters, without it degenerating into a pathetic go at each other.
In my opinion, the people that have contributed to this problem are mainly people who have joined Prune in the last 12 months. (Not all of you – some have given some very good contributions). I think the JPA thread invited a lot of new people who just wanted to moan.
A few years ago only genuine people used Prune. Then it became popular and attracted all the knobs of the world. You know the kind of people I am talking about. They are the ones that said the world was flat!!!!!
But I will always remember Prune for what it was.
Well done the moderators. You have done a superb job over the years and Thank You.
Bye the way……. PS. I am leaving the Royal Air Force after 29 years. I really hope “Prune – Military Aircrew” carries on so I can reminisce over past years (and remind myself of why I was glad to leave in the end).
Oh and PPS – Yes I have had a few beers on a Friday night and this reply is probably out of date. Sorry.