PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2007, 14:56
kjw57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHL

Originally Posted by murdock
Just to throw something out there, even though it sounds like most of the time people working in Nigeria and the like for Bristow and CHC seem unhappy, I have actually wanted to come and work there. The tricky part is that even though a lot of people are saying that both companies are short on pilots, I have been applying for a position for quite some time. Maybe I dont have the requirements for working with these companies, but I have friends who were hired with a lot less time and experience than I have. So I am not sure what the deal is and would be interested to hear on any feedback and advice with who to apply to and should I bother trying anymore. To give you an idea on my background I am a 2100 hour pilot, flying A-stars. Got a lot of bush experience, fighting fires, long lining, oil and gas support, a couple of hundred hours offshore and a few hundred night. I hold a FAA CPL(H) & Instrument Rating and a Canadian CPL(H). Any words of wisdom are welcome. Thanks all and here's to a good New Year!
Murdock

Steve Medlin
HR Manager - International
Bristow Helicopters Limited
Redhill Aerodrome
Redhill
Surrey
RH1 5JZ
Tel: +44(0)1737 822353
Fax: +4(0) 1737 822694

Why don't you call Mr. Medlin directly and ask?

I am also a Canuck driver (although with IFR ATPL exp. all of it expired)
but Bristow felt I could be of some use.

I declined their invitation to visit the dark continent as I have zero in- country experience, and felt the learning curve would be a little sharp given the existing conditions.

BOL