PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Times:- Israel plans on striking Iran with Tactical Nukes
Old 7th Jan 2007, 12:31
ARINC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm somewhat suprised at the level of near Anti-semitism expressed in this thread.

I'm not Jewish, but if I was and I knew Tehran was serious which from all accounts they seem to be, I'd be voting with the buckets of sunshine. I think it might serve us well to put ourselves in Israeli shoes for a moment. It's not simply a matter of making a tactical decision in support of dimplomatic goals. ie "Top dog in this yard" It's about survival of the Israeli nation. It's also not a question of comparing the rights of Iran against those of Israel either. Iran is not a democracy..Israel is.

Where has diplomacy got us so far ? Nowhere...

I will grant there is an argument to wait and see how well opposition to Amidinajad builds in Iran, particularly given the recent local election results in Tehran. But we have seen just how perfidious Iran can be vis-a-vis Nuclear inspections, the option to destroy the Iranian facilities must remain on the table. Now, buck up, you lilly livered liberals.