PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting note about AA Airbus crash in NYC
Old 3rd Jan 2007, 08:44
bomarc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dear air rabbit:

quite frankly, for the future of air safety, I do hope that the copilot is fully at fault...but I don't think that is really the case. In almost all wake turbulence encounters, climbing above the wake is almost always the best course of action.

if the copilot was dancing on the rudder pedals in an excessive fashion, why wouldn't the captain say, "I'VE GOT IT" and take over control? Why nothing like, "what the hell are you doing to the rudder? on the CVR...if this is on the CVR please let us all know.

Even your post indicates the possiblity of something wrong with the indicator as it seems that the rudder may have moved too

far <<The rudder surface actually looks to exceed the pedal limit (but I don’t know if this is an anomaly with the indicator or not) and the control wheel gets to darn near full control wheel displacement. >>

Conspiracy theories? sure, why not? the second shooter at dallas? roswell? and blame the pilot.

IN the USA, there are about 25 passenger Airbus 300 aircraft? Isn't that about right?