PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest FRI rumour
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2006, 10:52
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oggin, are you sure they'll take you in Oz, won't you scare the locals Say hi to the baggers for me

To all........ leave. There are jobs abound at the moment, it is more dull but the pay starts where the mil stops and keeps going up. I get served coffee and tea, given lunch and have a solid, stable roster. I have also stayed in more nice 5 star hotels in the past 12 months then I ever saw from the outside in the mob!!!!

I thought about Queen and country and after 18 years front line service in the FAA they took my flying pay off me for the last four months and sent me a personally signed letter from some desk knob thanking me for my 18 years in the marines go figure.

The accountants and politicians don't care about you, you're all numbers to them and they don't really care about who or what you are but where in the c$%p world they can send you all and what they can get out of you.

A classic one was the governments 'economy' drive where a tefal headed labour politician claimed sucess of 'cost saving' by achieving the same tasking with less submarines. Didn't get drawn on whether the crews were overstretched, just took the credit for needing one less sub to do the same tasking????

FRI's are and will always be a short term measure enabling them to keep their claws in the experienced pool of manpower and enabling them to post/transfer you anywhere stating 'well... you took the FRI'.

Have fun, the grass really is greener over the fence. Those who moan about civvie flying are generally the ones who have never had to put up with the c**p the militray powers that be put out.