PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Employment - threads merged - all you need to know
Old 9th Dec 2006, 13:51
fractional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about searching?...
Originally Posted by EasyGo-Lucky?
Hi Ian,
So far its been a blast. Its not perfect by any means but I've had no regrets. I enjoy living in Abu Dhabi and the lifestyle it offers and after a long time I now look forward to going to work.
Accommodation is probably the biggest drawback. The Company provided is barely sufficient in my opinion but then it depends on what you are expecting or are used to. The overall package appears to be always under review and so far it has only improved except for standby duty which is now paid at half the original rate. The arrival of James Hogan has been seen as very positive by all the ex Gulf Air crew here but for the majority of us the verdit is still out. Its hard to say how he'll do after such a short time.
Cost of living I consider reasonable but again it is what you are accustomed to and what lifestyle you expect to maintain and wife too now I think of it. There is no tax and your biggest purchase will probably be a boat or a car which are much cheaper than the prices I am used to back in Europe. Loans are no problem once you have your UAE residence visa which takes about 2 weeks.
Flying wise I doubt you will find better. The relationship with the cabin crew is excellent. I haven't felt any pressure from above on fuel or delays etc which again has been a welcome change. The rosters are a little odd in the flight distribution where you tend to have a week of tight flying then a relaxed week etc but at the end of the month most importantly I don't feel anywhere near as tired as I did in my previous Company.
I have found my greener grass for now but again I cannot speak for all. If you are offered an interview then I would suggest at least using it to have a look if nothing else. Best of luck.
If you continue searching (I know it takes time...) you'll find some more stuff.
Good luck!!!