PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2006, 16:14
stacey_s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UWOT
Well I can only hope its better than the too quote the HR man SM at Redhill "Generous one they offer me to move to Nigeria".

When the extra months salary which I would have had to work (7 & 5 in Nigeria compared to the 4 & 4 I was doing in Mauritania) was deducted it was worth just over £500 per annum.

Lets see £500 for being shot at, sh*t accommodation and the constant treat of kidnapping. Compared with working with Alain Tyreburst.

Anyone got a coin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tyre Burst still alive and kicking!!

remember living in Eket for Ten years in the era of 'Dink Smith' 'Ed the Head Ducette' and other illumineries ( is that the right word!!), but it sounds as if nothing has changed, my room in Esa Akpan faced the road on the second story of house 2, when the management decided to beef up security downstairs a steel door was recommended but because I lived upstairs an interior style door that you could kick down in one attempt was deemed sufficient for outdside security, this was all of twenty feet away from where the security guards were shot in the kidnapping a while ago, as an engineer I got fed up with having to travel with armed guards to work and fly with Mopol to retrive broken down machines, I left (not by my own design, but we wont go into that(my own fault) now I have been working back in the Middle East for the last six years, I love Nigeria but will not go back to work there, I visited for personal reasons two years ago and enjoyed the time spent there but it was my choice, so my point is when there is 'safe' employment here why work there?