PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings ATP Scheme (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2006, 13:57
scameron77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just an update for all those champing at the bit for a sniff of the ATP program.

I decided to write an email to Lee Woodward (head of the ATP program) as I am about to pick a MCC provider. I have aimed my training so far to apply for the ATP program and was dismayed to see that it was closed for new applications a month before I could apply, shiny blue CAA licence in my hand.

I was just looking for an idea of when they were looking to open it again so I could conisder holding off going through another provider.

I'm now in a position where I could hold off without a definite idea, then go through the whole process or bite the bullet and try to attain anything from 100-500 hours on a JAR25 aircraft if I go via another alternative (my ability and proficency dependent) I have open to me. Obviously people reading this will have an idea of what this other route is and understand that there is quite a difference in outlay costs between the two.

Which leads me to another thread I've just started which hopes to maybe suggest an alternative means of getting that first job http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=254914

I'm sure to most people on here this is not news, but the following is the current company line as of the 4th of December 2006.

Dear Stephen

Thanks for your email. We're glad to see you are interested in our Wings ATP Programme.

Unfortunately due to the nature of the airline business it is always difficult to predict what our clients needs will be. However, we do hope to see some movement early next year although we cannot be specific as to when this will be yet. Please just keep an eye on our website www.ctcaviation.com where we will reopen our site for new applications at the appropriate time.

Regards

Krissie Streatfeild
CTC Wings Selection Team