PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2006, 21:05
Tokunbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, well, another day, another (falling) dollar. We've all heard that the new Bristow pay deal will definitely be 'at the end of the week' so often that it's no surprise that Denny Holdon yet again seems to be suffering from terminal paralysis of the decision-making valve, while his company falls apart around him. Still, I'm sure the profit margins look very good. I hear Peewee and the Major are off on a nice jolly to SA to see if they can find some cheap new pilots willing to go to Nigeria. The big problem now seems to be that everyone has been told (mostly indirectly) that the new 6/6 roster is happening, but nobody has been given any details, including what difference (if any) it will make to pay. Since the change to a US$ salary for all new hires, the deal looks even worse for all except American pilots as the greenback is falling and forecast to continue its slide. Expect more and more pilots and engineers from Third World countries.

There also seems to be no sign of 5N-BJB doing anything other than getting rolled out of the Aero hangar for an inspection by its owner. I expect it's because the NCAA are all away on a celebration seminar somewhere in Europe to celebrate their alleged passing of the ICAO safety audit . Still, Christine is supposed to be in Nigeria this week to give everyone lots of hugs, tell them all that Nigeria is the 'Jewel in the Crown' of the CHC empire and that everyone is just going to so love the great new housing in the Death camp . At least the expectation of more CHC pilots reversing the trend and leaving for Bristow seems to have receded, not because CHC have done anything - it's just that Bristow haven't .