PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2006, 22:17
GOAROUNDMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA where now?

They say that all publicity is good publicity and no matter what happens just keep your name in the news and that’s all you need to know if you really wan’t to be king . The odd walkout by the wage slaves, The mad tail planes, changing of the guard (oz Rod to Irish Willie ) etc. It keeps you in the news it keeps the news out of the news and the end product –everybody knows your name and that’s what count’s if you want to sell volume and keep the city boys, the government, the shareholders and the good old British public happy. But (And never start a sentence with But) Radiation on plane’s is a bit a step too far, I mean let’s ask the golden question “ Would you fly on a plane that was radioactive’ I don’t think I would. But then again on maintenance checks aircraft go through Non Destructive Test’s especially on ‘C’ Checks that use X-rays to look for cracks that human eye cannot see, so maybe this has something to do with it. But do I get the feeling this is not the case.
But keep this quiet, that Russian Guy was a CSKA Moscow fan went to the Emirates Stadium a few weeks ago to watch his team to play the mighty Arsenal and apparently this stadium is one of the so called 12 new government radioactive new sites.

Just to slightly change the subject, Iberia want’s to opt out BA and obviously Oneworld and join either STAR or AF/KLM. Where does this leave Oneworld and BA and AA. Let’s not forget Aer Lingus and Swiss have both left Oneworld. Is Oneworld finished? There is also talk of BA being sold to a middle eastern party. Is BA finished? or is it all a publicity stunt!